How to join the LKD Facility
Our aim is to grow. At this stage, LKDF can be joined by companies, organizations and existing PPDP projects.
Types of Membership
There are Full and Associate Members of the LKDF:
- Full Members must have a PPDP project to be considered a member of this category. All the partners (VTC, NGO, donor, development agency, company/ies) of the PPDP are welcome to join the facility and can benefit from knowledge sharing products and events. The PPDP partners will select a representative to the Project Steering Committee who will represent the PPDP project on behalf of other partners of the PPDP. Once a PPDP project ends, the Members automatically become Associate Members should they wish to do so.
- Associate Members can remain in this category for a period of up to 3 years. During this time, they can contribute knowledge and experience to the LKDF and undertake project development towards a new PPDP if they wish to become a Full Member again.
- Knowledge Partners can be Associate Members. These include NGOs, donors, UN Agencies and private sector companies currently without a PPDP. They can be accepted as Associate Members if they are connected to a vocational training centre or if they can contribute substantially to the LKDF in a broader sense.
To learn more about LKDF membership options, contact LKDF Management directly via email or refer to the FAQs.
Once we have received your membership request, final acceptance is subject to approval by the Project Steering Committee, which has representation from each of the partners and acts much like a company’s board of directors.
Benefits of Membership
The benefits of Associate LKDF Members are:
- PPDP project development support
- Learning products (e.g. how-to guides, learning nuggets)
- Training sessions on PPDPs
- Pre-assessment of training status in target countries (e.g. infrastructure, quality)
- Knowledge on in-country industrial skills capacities
- New market entry
- Invitation to the Annual Partners Learning Workshop (APLW)
Full LKDF Members receive the following benefits, in addition to those of Associate Members:
- Annual GoProve Subscription
- GoProve support including data collection for the PPDP staff
- Membership in the PSC (PPDPs select one among themselves for 1 year at a time)
- CSR benefits in-country
- Long-term instructional bonds with training schools past the PPDP phase
- Financial support for APLW participants from developing countries
Criteria for Membership
The four criteria used to decide upon LKDF membership are as follows:
- For Full Members: Does the PPDP fit within the LKDF boundaries? Is there secured funding for a PPDP project that would benefit (from) the LKDF?
- Assessment by the LKDF Secretariat based on the project document and other available sources (e.g. website)
- For Associate Members: Does the prospective member intend to develop a PPDP that would benefit (from) the LKDF?
- Assessment by the LKDF Secretariat based on existing concept notes, business cases, market assessments (with demonstrated need), identified donors, etc.
- For Knowledge Partners: Does the prospective member want to learn from and contribute knowledge to the LKDF?
- Assessment by the LKDF Secretariat based on whether there is dedicated staff appointed to follow the LKDF’s activities as well as the amount and nature of knowledge products.
Expertise and Experience
- Does the prospective member add value in terms of knowledge and skills that will benefit the LKDF?
- Assessment by the LKDF Secretariat based on the availability of experts, manuals, curricula, good practice documents, cutting-edge technology, case studies etc. that can be shared among the LKDF members and the public.
Conflicts of Interest
- Will the prospective member be able to demonstrate that there are no conflicts of interest? For example, would the new partner’s mission statement (in case of knowledge partners) be congruent with the values of the LKDF?
- Assessment by the LKDF Secretariat based on UNIDO’s Due Diligence process.
- Does the PPDP project document include a budget allocation for the LKDF? Does the prospective PPDP or knowledge partner demonstrate their willingness to contribute in-kind/in-cash in the application form?
- Assessment by the LKDF Secretariat based on the project document and/or the application form.